Back to all careers
Position: Japanese Translator & Administrative Assistant
Location: St. Thomas, ON
Start Date: ASAP Salary: 20/hr + 4% vacation pay Education Requirements: Post-Secondary in related field preferred
Years of Experience: 2 years in an administrative role
Order No.: 1105
Referring Agency: Immploy
Submission Deadline: 4/22/2018
Contact Number: (226) 884-9167
The successful candidate must be proficient and experienced in reading, writing, interpreting and translating Japanese to English and vice versa.
- Responsible for Japanese to English (and vice versa) translation of various business documents as required on a regular basis
- Assists with translation support during various business meetings, interviews, presentations, etc. on a regular basis
- Assists with translation of various accounting documents for reporting purposes
- Prepares meeting minutes in both Japanese and English
- Support for visitors/walk-ins at the front office window
- Accepts deliveries and coordinate pickups from various courier companies
- Assists Japanese Team Members with interpretation of company policies and procedures
- Assist with travel arrangements for Japanese Team Members
- Assists with acquisition of supplies by running errands as required
- Special projects as assigned
The Ideal Candidate:
- Proficiency in reading, writing, speaking, and translating Japanese to English (and vice versa) required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in an administrative role
- Post-secondary education in office administration or business administration is an asset
- Must be a team player / self-starter with excellent language and communication skills, who pays attention to accuracy and detail
- Must possess excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills to effectively provide administrative support in an effective and efficient manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
For further information, please visit www.immploy.ca or (226) 884-9167.
Interested in this opportunity?
The Immploy Job Match program partner organizations are seeking candidates to present to their employer contacts for this job opportunity. Immploy is not hiring for this position directly.
If you are interested in having your resume presented to an employer for this opportunity, please email us at email@example.com and include:
- POSITION TITLE in the subject line of your email;
- JOB ORDER NUMBER in the subject line of your email;
- TARGETED RESUME in Word format;
- COMPLETED JOB MATCH CLIENT INTAKE REGISTRATION FORM (one time only).
What happens next?
If you are selected to be referred to the employer or to discuss your qualifications in greater detail, you will be contacted by a representative of the Job Match program or our partner organizations.