Back to all careers
Position: Junior Lab Technician
Position Type: full time /part time
Location: London, ON
Start Date: ASAP
Education Requirements: Post-secondary preferred
Size of Company: Medium
Order No.: 1106
Referring Agency: WIL Employment Connections
Submission Deadline: 3/29/2018
Contact Number: (226) 884-9167
The employer has established itself as a company known worldwide for innovation, revolutionary technology, and stringent quality assurance practices. They provide the optical industry with high quality, cutting- edge lens technologies.
- The successful candidate would be a passionate and motivated individual with high standards
- Detail oriented and positive work ethic
- Familiarity with operating fine machinery
- Knowledge of optical theory and lens production is an asset
- Excellent communication skills while working in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Conscious of all detail and quality standards
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Experience working in a “clean room” environment would be a plus
Activities and Tasks/Responsibilities:
- Maintain clean and tidy work space
- Organizing incoming jobs by priority
- Tracing, cutting and mounting finished products
- Maintain machinery by running efficiency tests and following procedures
- Identify and select appropriate products for specific orders
- Operating machinery and overseeing production
- Verify final orders for customers with quality checks
- Learning optical parameters
- Paid training will be provided as it is very unusual to find someone with experience in their business, and there is a learning curve.
- This employer has a family business atmosphere and has 40 employees and growing. The atmosphere is relaxed, not high stress and a positive environment. They would like to find people who care about their work, are extremely detail oriented with a positive attitude.
Part or Full time hours depending on candidate Monday through Friday, daytime shifts with some Saturday daytime work in a shared rotation.
Interested in this opportunity?
The Immploy Job Match program partner organizations are seeking candidates to present to their employer contacts for this job opportunity. Immploy is not hiring for this position directly.
If you are interested in having your resume presented to an employer for this opportunity, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- POSITION TITLE in the subject line of your email;
- JOB ORDER NUMBER in the subject line of your email;
- TARGETED RESUME in Word format;
- COMPLETED JOB MATCH CLIENT INTAKE REGISTRATION FORM (one time only).
What happens next?
If you are selected to be referred to the employer or to discuss your qualifications in greater detail, you will be contacted by a representative of the Job Match program or our partner organizations.
For further information, please visit www.immploy.ca or (226) 884-9167.